Vision: Wahine and tane working together to cultivate violence free families, communities and society, by enhancing the mana of all peoples and upholding our commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Mission: To provide inclusive services that supports the wellbeing of all people, by working within a collective framework; encompassing our four cornerstones and with an underpinning philosophy of social change.
Eastern Refuge Society is a member of the National Collective of Independent Womens Refuges and as such adheres and abides by their code of ethics, behaviour, standards of practice and associated policies regarding practice, performance and monitoring.
The culture within the Eastern Refuge collective will be based on national collective values, which support the four cornerstones of the refuge movement. Being;
- Lesbian visibility
- Parallel development.
As well as supporting the achievement of performance excellence, quality service delivery, partnership and the empowerment of Families in making their own choices and achieving a life free of domestic violence in all forms.
We offer the following free services:
- 0800REFUGE 24 hour crisisline
- Residential safe housing
- Community social services, advocacy and support
- Stepping Stones women’s programme
- Residential programmes for women
- Residential programme for children
- Community based programmes for women and (by request from agencies) children
- Telephone advocacy and advice
- Advocacy with WINZ, Housing New Zealand, CYF, legal requirements or other networks
- Referral to community agencies and services
- Playgroup facilities for programme participants
- Education and training for employers or businesses
- Consultancy (on request)
- Partnerships and collaborations with other agencies and services